- 1 insurance services of augusta
- 1.1 All the Coverage You Need at One Place
- 1.2 Augusta Insurance | Home, Auto, Farm, and Commercial Insurance, Augusta, GA
- 1.3 Insurance Available from Augusta Insurance, GA
- 1.4 Call Augusta Insurance Agency for Great Coverage and Excellent Customer Service
- 188.8.131.52.1 Which students are mandated to have a health insurance plan?
- 184.108.40.206.2 Is there a voluntary plan available for students to purchase if they are not mandated to have health insurance?
- 220.127.116.11.3 What if I am already insured under another health insurance plan?
- 18.104.22.168.4 When do I have to apply for an insurance waiver?
- 22.214.171.124.5 If I waive Augusta University - Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), can I still use the Student Health Services (SHS)?
- 126.96.36.199.6 When does Augusta University - SHIP coverage begin and end?
- 188.8.131.52.7 Can I enroll in Augusta University - SHIP outside the enrollment period?
- 184.108.40.206.8 Can I cancel my Augusta University - SHIP enrollment?
- 220.127.116.11.9 If I am enrolled in Augusta University - SHIP can I go to any doctor that I want?
- 18.104.22.168.10 Is there a deductible? a copay? a co-insurance? a limit to my out-of-pocket payments? maximum per policy year?
- 22.214.171.124.11 Are there services that the Augusta University SHIP does not cover?
- 126.96.36.199.12 What do I do if I have to go to the emergency room?
- 188.8.131.52.13 If I am away from campus, how do I obtain medical care?
- 184.108.40.206.14 How do I obtain a Augusta University-SHIP insurance card?
- 220.127.116.11.15 Can my spouse and dependents enroll in Augusta University-SHIP?
- 18.104.22.168.16 How do I obtain a brochure describing Augusta University-SHIP coverage?
- 22.214.171.124.17 Does Augusta University-SHIP provide a prescription drug benefit?
- 126.96.36.199.18 Who do I contact concerning a denial of a claim by the SHIP for services received at SHS?
- 1.5 AUGUSTA INSURACE PROFESSIONALS SERVICES
- 1.6 Insurance in Augusta, GA
insurance services of augusta
Insurance Services of Augusta
Phone: (706) 738-0411 Fax: (706) 738-0371
PO Box 12177, Augusta, GA 30914
#5 C George C. Wilson Ct. Augusta, GA 30909
All the Coverage You Need at One Place
Augusta Insurance | Home, Auto, Farm, and Commercial Insurance, Augusta, GA
Augusta Insurance, powered by Vandermorgan Insurance Group, is an Augusta, GA insurance agency providing a variety of insurance products to individuals and businesses in the states of Georgia and South Carolina from our Augusta, GA office.
Whether you are looking for one policy for your home or business, or you are hoping to find all your insurance needs covered by one agency, we hope to have a chance to show you why we have such an excellent reputation. In business for over 13 years, we are known for quality insurance options from over 20 insurance companies that enable us to meet your individual needs -- personal or commercial.
Insurance Available from Augusta Insurance, GA
We offer personal insurance, home insurance, farm insurance, and commercial insurance. Get the right coverage for your car, mobile home, boat, RV, motorcycle, company, farm, and more.
We offer free, no-obligation quotes. Our team is helpful and customer service oriented, and we strive to simplify the complexities of insurance for our customers. Talk to us about your needs and we can help you navigate a variety of options.
Call Augusta Insurance Agency for Great Coverage and Excellent Customer Service
Call or email Augusta Insurance for your no-obligation quote. We look forward to talking to you. With 20+ insurance companies to choose from, we’re an insurance agency that can help you get the peace of mind that comes with getting great insurance at competitive prices.
Which students are mandated to have a health insurance plan?
The following groups of Augusta University students are required to have health insurance per the Georgia Board of Regents and Augusta University policies:
- Undergraduate and Graduate International Students holding “F” or “J” visa status
- Graduate Students receiving Full-time tuition waivers
- Graduate Students receiving fellowships that fully fund their tuition
- Graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in programs that require proof of health insurance as determined by Augusta University
- Students enrolled in Health Science Programs
- Students who participate in a collegiate sports
Is there a voluntary plan available for students to purchase if they are not mandated to have health insurance?
Yes, please contact at [email protected] for more information.
What if I am already insured under another health insurance plan?
If you already have health insurance and want to continue coverage under your current plan, you will need to complete a waiver form. Go to the section tab “Waiver Application” under Student Insurance for instructions on completing your application. If your current insurance plan meets the coverage requirements established by the Board of Regents, then a waiver will be approved. If your waiver application is approved, a credit for the insurance premium will be posted to your POUNCE account. If your waiver application is denied, you can appeal the decision by contacting Student Health Services (SHS) at 706-721-3448 or email [email protected]
When do I have to apply for an insurance waiver?
There are specific times each semester when the waiver application process opens and closes. Please refer to the “Waiver Application” section of our website.
If I waive Augusta University - Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), can I still use the Student Health Services (SHS)?
Yes, all Augusta University students who are enrolled are automatically billed a semester fee for SHS and can be receive services at SHS. Active students that are in-between semesters and on-line students can receive services and should contact SHS for a fee schedule.
When does Augusta University - SHIP coverage begin and end?
Augusta University - SHIP is an annual policy and the premium is billed in two installments (Fall and Spring/Summer). Coverage begins August 1 and ends July 31.
Can I enroll in Augusta University - SHIP outside the enrollment period?
Yes, contact the Student Health office to discuss your options.
Can I cancel my Augusta University - SHIP enrollment?
If you do not have an approved waiver, you are required to maintain this insurance policy based on the Augusta University insurance requirements as mentioned previously.
If I am enrolled in Augusta University - SHIP can I go to any doctor that I want?
Augusta University Student Health Services is the primary care provider for students enrolled in Augusta University - SHIP. You must see a provider at SHS to obtain a referral when you need outside medical attention.
A SHS referral is not required under the following conditions:
- Medical emergency. The student must return to SHC for necessary follow-up care.
- When SHS is closed.
- Medical care received when the student is more than 30 miles from campus.
- Medical care when a student is no longer eligible for services at SHS.
- Maternity, obstetrical and gynecological care.
- Dermatological services.
- Mental illness treatment and substance use disorder treatment.
Should you need a service not offered at SHS, your clinician will refer you to an off-campus health care provider. Your clinician may suggest a specific provider, or you can choose a provider. Going to an in-network provider insures the least out-of-pocket costs. In-network providers for the Augusta University SHIP can be located by going to www.uhcsr.com/gru
Is there a deductible? a copay? a co-insurance? a limit to my out-of-pocket payments? maximum per policy year?
Please see benefit packages - http://www.augusta.edu/shs/availableplans.php If you have any questions please contact Student Health Services.
Are there services that the Augusta University SHIP does not cover?
Yes, some conditions and/or services are not covered. The Schedule of Benefits and Exclusions can be found in the plan brochure at www.uhcsr.com/gru.
What do I do if I have to go to the emergency room?
In the event of an emergency, go immediately to the nearest medical facility for treatment.
Any follow-up care that is provided outside of SHS requires a referral. The deductible and co-insurance will apply for emergency services.
If I am away from campus, how do I obtain medical care?
If you are more than 30 miles away from campus, you are not required to go to SHS and may visit any provider. A referral is not necessary, but it is recommended that you visit an in-network provider. In-network providers for the Augusta University SHIP can be located by going to www.uhcsr.com/gru Augusta University-SHIP provides worldwide coverage. If you require medical care outside the US please refer to the “Travel Plan” section on our website. .Please take your insurance card with you while traveling.
How do I obtain a Augusta University-SHIP insurance card?
Go to the link below to set up your account and print your insurance card. Insurance cards are no longer mailed to you.
Can my spouse and dependents enroll in Augusta University-SHIP?
Eligible dependents are the spouse or dependent children of the covered student under age 26. To enroll your spouse or dependents, please go to www.uhcsr.com/gru.
How do I obtain a brochure describing Augusta University-SHIP coverage?
For a complete brochure go to www.uhcsr.com/gru.
Does Augusta University-SHIP provide a prescription drug benefit?
Yes, the plan has a prescription drug benefit. The schedule of prescription benefits can be found in the plan brochure at www.uhcsr.com/gru.
Who do I contact concerning a denial of a claim by the SHIP for services received at SHS?
Contact Student Health Services at 706-721-3448 for any questions concerning claims.
Life insurance does a whole lot more these days than just providing death benefits. Take the time to learn how the right product can protect you and your family.
Are you completely protected should your home experience a major disaster? Do you you have enough insurance to replace what you lost? Be sure you know you are covered correctly.
Times sure have changed, has your auto insurance changed with it? Are you protected in the event of a large lawsuit beyond your claim coverages? Let's take a look.
AUGUSTA INSURACE PROFESSIONALS SERVICES
Everyone either loves someone or owes someone. Do you have the right life insurance to meet the needs of your loves ones?
Protecting your home and auto is a pretty big deal. Are you protected well? Are you under-insured?
How does your retirement look? Do you have a plan in place to actually be able to retire? Will you outlive your money?
When was the last time your insurance company wrote you a check for being a great customer? Ask us about Cash Back.
Through careful listening and compassion, Augusta Insurance Professionals is dedicated to the protection of individuals and families from all walks of life.
With comprehensive insurance reviews, you can be confident knowing you have the right insurance to protect you and your loved ones from life events which can leave your finances in ruin.
Too many people take a check box approach to insurance. They get insurance and consider it all set. Augusta Insurance Professionals takes the time to make sure you understand your coverages and why they might be too low or even too high. It is a terrible feeling to file a claim only to find out you were under-insured.
Contact us today and let's take a look at your current coverages.
3420 Peach Orchard Road - Augusta GA 30906
Insurance in Augusta, GA
Ace Insurance Agency, Inc. on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta GA is here to help you with professional insurance advice and options at the best possible rates that suit your need and your budget.
As an Independent Insurance Agent we are able to shop multiple carriers and research available options. We are here as a resource when you are choosing your plans and we are here to help you through the process should an unfortunate event happen.
It is the goal of the Ace Insurance Team is to ensure that your coverage meets your needs.
The team at Ace Insurance will create a proposal specific to your needs, and review how various coverages will work for your financial situation.